SKCR Proves Resilient with Impressive Round of Lease Signings in Final Months of 2021
It was a busy “final lap” for SKCR in 2021, as our brokers executed a multitude of leases across the metro Atlanta area. Our team continues to forge ahead with wins each month as the pandemic recovery continues. Though a return to the workplace for some companies remains somewhat fluid, our list of recent successes proves that Atlanta’s office sector is still one of the nation’s most promising markets.
In the year’s final months, our brokers executed new leases, lease renewals, and expansions at a number of our properties, including:
- A 5,843-square-foot lease for Georgia Stone Products at Galleria 100, which is located within mixed-use development The Galleria in Cumberland. Spanning 414,000 square feet and standing 228 feet tall, Galleria 100 is one of the tallest structures in Cobb County and offers convenient access to The Battery.
- A 10-year-term, 4,875-square-foot lease at Doctor’s Center Four on Peachtree Dunwoody Road in Atlanta, along with an additional 2,264-square-foot lease in the same building. This medical office property offers newly renovated common areas and convenient access to all Pill Hill amenities. Starting in January, 3,269 square feet of space will become available for new users at this property as well.
- At 1100 Circle 75 in Cumberland, we secured a lease expansion for tenant PT Solutions to move into a 7,591-square-foot space on a 6-year term. Along with this success, the SKCR team has multiple other lease expansions in the works at buildings 900 and 1100 in Circle 75.
- Our team fully leased 308 Maxwell Road, a 6,600-square-foot property sitting just outside of downtown Alpharetta. Alpharetta is one of the most sought-after submarkets in the metro area right now and continues to attract top tier tenants.
- SKCR represented the seller in the sale of a 12,000-square-foot office building at The Offices at Meeting Park in Marietta. This property, located at 218 Roswell Street off of Marietta Square, sold for $5.25 million.
- At Rockdale Medical Plaza in Conyers, our team recently completed four successful transactions for prominent medical tenants totaling approximately $4 million. Northside Hospital’s Georgia Cancer Specialists and American Health Imaging signed lease renewals totaling 11,657 square feet, while Summit Spine and Georgia Retina signed new leases totaling 8,229 square feet.
These successes are evidence of SKCR’s dedication to helping our clients find the best possible space for their practices, goals, and growth. The past year was busy for SKCR overall, and we are proud of our teams for the effort they have put into beating the odds despite market headwinds as they continued to deliver success for our firm and clients.
We are looking forward to 2022 and the new opportunities and possibilities that will come with it. According to a recent article from GlobeSt, the majority of commercial real estate tenants are planning to increase rather than decrease their space next year, and most are looking at signing for longer terms than before. Post-pandemic recovery is on an upward trend despite short-term fluctuations. The Atlanta market is a top performer nationally and continues to show positive growth within office leasing, giving us ample confidence that the year ahead will be a productive one.
To find out how SKCR can help you find the perfect place to grow your business or make the move to a new location, click here.