John Poulos is the Executive Vice President, Managing Director of Tenant Representation for SK Commercial Realty. John represents office tenants on an exclusive basis. His expertise and method of operation provides clients unparalleled service and assists them in achieving cost reduction and operational goals required by today’s tenants. With more than 27 years of experience in the real estate industry, John’s success is derived from his belief that the best way to serve a client’s real estate portfolio is by thoroughly understanding their business and culture. With this in-depth comprehension, financial analysis & attention to details, he assists clients in making informed, educated decisions that align their real estate portfolio with their business strategy.
John has worked exclusively with tenants since he entered the commercial real estate industry in 1984 when he joined AFCO Realty focusing on long-term relationships enabling him to represent landlords as well as tenants. In 1997, John joined Advantis GVA where he was a founding member of the Strategic Solutions Team, whose focus was supporting the real estate issues of high-tech and corporate clients. In 2000, John joined Grubb & Ellis as a vice president where he was instrumental in securing several national accounts. He was affiliated with Equis Corporation where he won numerous high-profile assignments and was a leading producer in their Atlanta office 2005 & 2006. John joined Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Atlanta office in 2007 as a managing director and enjoyed being one of the top 5 Atlanta Brokers for Newmark for 5 years before leaving for SK Commercial in 2016.
- Northside Hospital – Negotiated re-sale of a 50,000 SF building that will be completely renovated into medical office building. Associated with the selection of architects, design team and alleged financing options.
- CSA – Negotiated long term lease for a 30,000 -square-foot highly specialized consumer products testing facility.
- McAfee – Negotiated 32,000-square-foot relocation of Alpharetta, GA, office facility. Project included a large specialized data center, training center and consumer relations areas.
- VeenendaalCave (Nelson Worldwide) – Negotiated a 35,000-square-foot expansion and renewal of their Atlanta, GA office lease that met the growing needs for the firms Southeast Regional Headquarters. VeenendaalCave/Nelson is a worldwide Architecture and Design firm with a high profile office space requirement.
- Joyce Thrasher Kaiser & Liss, LLC – Negotiated 20,000-square-foot transaction to support this growing law firm’s current growth needs and future growth needs.
- Sapient – Introduced Sapient to NGKF’s Global Corporate Services platform and which now handles all of Sapient’s real estate requirements on a global basis. This includes Transactions and project management. On a local basis, a 25,000-square-foot lease was negotiated in Atlanta, GA, along with a 65-000-square-foot lease in Miami, FL.
- Central Michigan University – Negotiated the relocation of the Atlanta campus to an upgraded facility that met their goals of signage, growth and a location that met their student and facility needs.
- Montag & Caldwell – Negotiated a restructure of this financial investment firm’s Atlanta, GA office several years prior to lease expiration. The transaction saved the client more the $2.5 million.
- Zyman Marketing – Supported their rapid growth and need for an image upgrade. Negotiated a new 30,000-square-foot lease in Class A penthouse office space that achieved the firm’s re-branding goals.
John earned a degree in business from Young Harris College and a BBA degree in real estate from Georgia State University. John is married to his wife Lyn and has 2 children Andee & George.